Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

"Final" Project

Prepared paper with collage for two 30' long (approximately) scrolls; one is 19" wide and the other 9".  For the wider scroll I used more of the photographic imagery, and the narrow scroll I only used text.

I did a few layers of cyanotype printing.  A lot of the imagery became obscured and I then collaged clearer cut prints into it.  On the wider scroll I collaged actual plant materials and overlaid it in parts with thin paper. My work now incorporates many layers of collaged plant imagery-- digital, "photographic", and physical.

Below are image of the in-progress scrolls as I prepared them for a crit.  I experimented with ways of displaying scrolls:




Closer shots of the in-progress project:




Working out composition/different lengths before I did more collage (super long scroll not working):






No comments: