Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

November 6 - 12

Table is done!  I am no longer at the mercy of the weather to make my prints...  and no more schlepping!  Thanks Tom.

Exposure times and coverage are different, but this is way easier.

Composition:


Started to plan my final project.  Made sketches and abstract studies with prussian blue watercolor.  Some were inspired by Helen Frankenthaler's work.  I lovelovelove her prints.
Decided to make a long scroll and worked out size.  Researched sizes of torah scrolls; there is a wide range-- from as small as 4 inches tall (when rolled) to 29 inches.  I decided to make one of the scrolls 18 inches-- because 18 is a good number (chai or life in hebrew) and the proportions work well with the transparencies I have.  I am also making a vertical scroll that is 15 inches-- smallish for a torah scroll but a decent size for a computer screen (I realized that scrolls not only reference a very old technology, but a very new one as well-- we "scroll" on computers).  Just for fun.  In the future-- I would really like to make a very small scroll.


No comments: